- Goal keeper Back Pass Violation, Goal keeper punting or drop kicking the ball, Hitting the ceiling/netting, Double touch (ball), Plays in a dangerous manner, Kick in, Substitution violation. All indirect free kicks will be taken from the spot of the infraction with opponents being 4 yards away (except for the following):
- For indirect kicks that occur in or above the penalty area, the kick shall be taken 3 feet from the top of the penalty area.
12. Penalty Kick: A penalty kick will be awarded when the defending team commits a direct free kick violation inside their penalty area. Penalty kicks will be taken 3 feet from the top of the penalty area. All players must be behind the ball.
13. Goal keepers: Goal keepers are not allowed to punt or drop kick the ball. Goal keepers are permitted to use their hands to retrieve the ball. They are not allowed to handle the ball received directly kicked from a teammate or after they have relinquished possession unless it has touched an opponent. Goal keepers are permitted to slide within the confines of the penalty area to retrieve the ball. However, once he/she is outside the penalty area, the field player rules apply for sliding **( see #10 above ).
14. Players: Players may play on more than one team as long as they are rostered on a team that is registered in the same division. In the case of those individuals receiving any send off or caution (red card and/or yellow card), that card goes with the individual and that team for the session
15. Coaching: Coaches must coach from the "Technical Area". Only two coaches are permitted on the turf! Coaching from the sideline is permitted provided instruction is given and not derogatory. No coach, player, or spectator may make derogatory comments or gestures to referees, other coaches, other players, or spectators. No coach, player, or spectator will use profanity or behave destructively. Coaches have total responsibility for the conduct of their players and spectators at all times. At the discretion of the official or Twin Ponds Management, spectators, coaches and/or players will be ejected from the facility for any disruptive behavior. Only coaches and players are permitted on the turf surface during and after any competition. Violators will be asked to move to the bleacher area.
16. Cautions: A player receiving a yellow card must sit for one minute. That player will be permitted to return to play as soon as that time has passed. His/her team must play down one player for the whole amount of time. Any player or coach issued 3 yellow cards (caution) on one team will be given a one game suspension. Any player or coach issued 5 yellow cards in one session will sit out the remaining scheduled games in that session.
17. Ejection: A red card will be issued for: Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play, Insulting / abusive language, Second Caution, Spitting and Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. A red-carded player or coach must leave the playing area immediately. His/her team will play one player down for 5 minutes. Any red-carded player or coach must sit out the remainder of the game in which the red card was issued and will not be permitted in the playing area for the NEXT scheduled game. Any player or coach who receives 2 red cards in the session will not be permitted in the playing area for the remainder of their teams scheduled games in that session. Depending on the severity of the ejection, at the discretion of the referee and or of Twin Ponds management, any unruly player or coach may be ejected from the playing area and sanctioned to more extreme penalties. At the discretion of the official or Twin Ponds management, spectators, coaches and/or players can be ejected from the facility for any disruptive behavior. Anyone who commits assault on any other person on facility property will be expelled from the league permanently. If a player gets a RED CARD they will not be permitted to play any more games that day, and they will have to sit out the next game for the team that they got the RED CARD with.
Red cards that are given for FIGHTING will result in a 1 month suspension from Twin Ponds.
18. *No Spitting on the Turf* *NO GUM ON TURF* any person spitting on the turf may be sent off. And Subjected to being suspended by Twin Ponds Managment.
19. Goal Margin of Victory: Only a 10-goal margin will be posted and recorded towards a team victory or loss. Any margin over 10 goals will have goals subtracted from the winning team’s total until a 10-goal margin is established.
20. Championship Games: OT Procedure: If a championship game ends in a tie, a 5 min sudden victory over time period will occur. If the game still remains tied, each team will get 3 penalty kicks taken by players on the field at the end of the overtime. If the game still remains a tie, sudden death penalty kicks will go into effect (one for one). Only the Championship game will use the tiebreaker procedure to determine a winner.
21. Regular Season Standings, Tiebreakers: If two teams are tied with the same amount of points at the end of the regular season, the following will be used (in order) to break the tie:
1) Goal Differential
2) Goals For
3) Goals Against
22. NO PROTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED. The League Director or designee will settle disputes and their decision is final.
23. Forfeits: A team must forfeit if they cannot provide enough players to field a team. For games on Fields # 4 – 3 plus a goalkeeper, 4 total. Mega Field – 3 field players plus a goalkeeper, 5 total. That team must forfeit before the start of the game and will be responsible for the referee fees for both teams. The teams will be permitted to play recreationally after the referee fees have been paid. At this point, any player that the team picks up (that is not rostered on another team) must sign a waiver form supplied by Twin Ponds management before the start of the game. No Exceptions!
24. Inclement Weather Cancellation Clause: Twin Ponds West will remain open during Inclement Weather as long as the Capital City Mall is open. Information regarding closings can be found on our website www.twinponds.com and by calling 795.7663 and listening to recording.
25. Anyone that is given a Red card after pushing someone into one of the walls at Twin Ponds will receive a 2 game suspension.